The building network connects computers, servers and the plant with each other and to the Internet.
- Copper-based ETHERLINE® LAN cables are used for distances up to 100 m
- Fiber optic cables are used for longer distances for the connection between two buildings or within buildings. Various connectors, such as the SC connector, are used for fiber optic-based data transmission.
- HITRONIC® breakout cables are used for cabling within the building.
- HITRONIC® outdoor cables are used for external cabling and cabling between buildings. The permanently installed cables are connected to splice boxes from the HITRONIC® SBX series.
- HITRONIC® fiber optic patchcords are used at the splice boxes to connect the devices.
- ETHERLINE® LAN cables of category Cat.7 or higher are used for office cabling and are permanently installed in the building.
- The RJ45 connector is used for copper-based data transmission