Machine tool is any stationary power-driven machine that is used to shape or form parts made of metal or other materials. The main objective of this industry is to build machines that will work towards reducing operational downtime for its customers.
Processing & Extraction of Machine tools
The shaping is accomplished in four general ways
- By cutting excess material in the form of chips from the part
- By shearing the material
- By squeezing metallic parts to the desired shape
- By applying electricity, ultrasound, or corrosive chemicals to the material.
The machine tool industry is inherently complex. Cable requirements of this industry vary from machine to machine depending on the type of equipment their clients need. Yet there are challenges that the industry experiences from time to time which is a clear indication of the evolution of the industry.
- Customers demanding innovative, faster, and high-precision machine tools that can handle the production of increasingly complex parts. At the same time, systems need to be compact, flexible, and safe and ensure reliable communication.
- Increasing globalization and mounting competitive pressures mean that machine tool manufacturers need to increase productivity, standardize the product portfolio, shorten development cycles, and comply with a constantly growing number of standards and guidelines.
- Optimizing the design and engineering and improving cooperation with other departments. Interdisciplinary approaches replacing traditional processes, changing engineering methods, and offering considerable potential for optimization.
The wire and cable for the machine tool industry have come a long way, from being a small industry to a substantial one, over a decade. And though most part of the industry continues to be unorganized holding a major chunk of the market, there is a need for consolidation to achieve economies of scale, and bring in technology and quality improvements to the industry. Currently, LAPP provides superior quality, Oil and chemical resistant and highly flexible cables, industrial connectors, glands, conduits, marking systems, tools & accessories, customized systems, and robotics solutions for the intelligent factory of the future with the challenges fulfilled.
- Continuous flexibility
- Extremely high resistance to torsion and reverse bending
- Application-specific and long-lasting
- Slim in construction and light in weight
- EMC and lossless transmission
- Plug and play / complete connectivity solution
- Composite cable solution (power, control/signal, data, and fibre)
Technological expansion and manufacturing development, is here to stay and grow. Henceforth smart cabling solutions (slim and light design) with greater intelligence have to be manufactured, as they are the prime facilitators in achieving the objective of interconnecting intelligent devices with low loss. Broadly, the cables and wires used in these automated equipment/devices have to be flexible, temperature resistant, chemical & mechanical resistant, weather-resistant, flame retardant, halogen-free, fire survival etc.
Further, automated systems in the machine tool industry are capable of working more tirelessly, faster and more exactly than humans. Robot technology hence is becoming one of the most dynamic areas for development. They are now used in almost all industries since they have become a crucial component for complex production processes due to their superiority. LAPP has substantial expertise at its disposal, as well as decades ' experience in working with customers to develop and bring to fruition solutions in the field of robot applications.
The machine tool is the backbone of the manufacturing industry. Therefore there is a constant need for innovation in the industry that will in turn enhance the ability of the industry to develop new products and solutions. Quality is constantly being ensured in our own highly-modern test centers and internationally unique tests to meet the requirements of the products, applications, and standards. The composition of the group with its own in-house production in the main markets gives our international customers the security of being able to access a large assortment of standard products with the corresponding standards all over the world.
LAPP can fall back on its extensive experience over 50 years of development and manufacturing, and based on this has developed various innovations and a high level of production quality and reliability. Also customized solution without compromising and ready-made products from LAPP Systems for Plug and Play.
Products for Machine Tool Industry
Power & Control Cables
Flexible Power & Contol Cables
Data Communication Cables