LAPP’s high-quality UNITRONIC® BUS components provide a reliable solution for all applications in industrial machinery and plant engineering, as well as manufacturing facilities and warehousing systems. From the transmission of simple control signals to Fieldbus signals in complex network structures — LAPP offers dependable cabling and connection solutions for virtually every situation.
UNITRONIC® BUS cables excel in factory automation within a wide array of industries and provide dependable connections of field or machine-level applications. They are designed for connecting devices such as sensors, actuators, panels, and programmable logic controllers. Additionally, our cables and connectors for popular Fieldbus systems enable effective information exchanges between virtually all devices within the facility.
The most common bus systems include:
- DeviceNet is based on the CAN bus protocol and is one of the premier Fieldbus systems in North America. DeviceNet is a digital, multi-drop network that connects and serves as a communication network between industrial controllers and I/O devices.
- PROFIBUS is the leading bus system in process automation. This system dominates worldwide, with bit rates of 1.5 Mbit/s up to 12 Mbit/s.
- This product group has been developed to be an inexpensive alternative on the lower Fieldbus level (sensor/actuator). It is often used in connection with Ethernet, PROFIBUS, CAN, and DeviceNet.
- Originally developed for vehicle applications, it is now used in a wide of array of industries in an extremely broad range of applications.
- This was also first used in the automotive industry, and today, typical applications include the general sensor/actuator in system production and process engineering.
DeviceNet™ and EtherNet/IP™ are trademarks of ODVA, Inc.
PROFIBUS® & PROFINET® are registered trademarks of PROFIBUS & PROFINET International (PI).
Rockwell Automation® and Allen-Bradley® are registered trademarks of Rockwell Automation, Inc.
EtherCAT® is a registered trademark and patented technology, licensed by Beckhoff Automation GmbH, Germany.